as of 07/01/2022 (Details)
RED TEK 12a, a HC-based refrigerant from Thermofluid Technologies, is a blend of environmentally safe hydrocarbon fluids designed as a direct replacement and retrofit refrigerant option for replacing R134a and R12 substitutes in automotive air conditioning and refrigeration systems. 12a operates at lower head pressures and offers improved cooling properties and performance verses R134a and R12. Not a replacement for ozone depleting substances in the U.S. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This product cannot be returned to Amazon.com because it uses flammable liquids and gases, is classified as a hazardous material, or meets other criteria. This is a non refundable, non returnable product.
- Operation: RED TEK 12a possesses similar volumetric refrigerating effects to R12 or R134a refrigerants. Operates at lower head pressures and offers improved cooling properties, performance and energy efficiency verses R12 or R134a. Can be used effectively in R12 or R134a refrigeration systems without major "retrofitting."
- Lower Cost: Less expensive than R12 refrigerant and R134a "retrofits". Energy savings up to 30%.
- Compatibility: Compatible with most common refrigeration materials and lubricants including R134a, R12, metal components, mineral and synthetic(Ester and PAG) lubricants, seals, gaskets, hoses, compressors, and o-rings.
- Environment: 100% natural organic refrigerant, non-ozone depleting, non-global warming. 12a is in full compliance with the UN Montreal Protocol.
- Safety: Does not become caustic when contaminated with moisture or oxygen. Non-toxic, non-carcinogen, autoignition temperature above 1385F. No long term health risks have been attributed to RED TEK 12a refrigerant.