as of 11/30/2023 (Details)
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic MapThe largest protected area of the Chihuahuan Desert, Big Bend National Park is a remote land of surprising beauty and remarkable biodiversity. Expertly researched and created in partnership with local land management agencies, National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Big Bend National Park provides an unparalleled tool for exploring this unique region. This map offers unmatched detail of the entire park including such key areas of interest as Black Gap Wildlife Management Area, Sierra del Carmen, Sierra del Caballo Muerto, and portions of Big Bend Ranch State Park. The print map features detail of the Chisos Mountains, Rio Grande Village, and Burro Mesa.Hiking and primitive trails are clearly marked and the Chisos Mountains detail provides mileages between intersections. Road types are differentiated, so you know if the route you choose is a paved, dirt, four-wheel-drive, or high-clearance road. River mileage on the Rio Grande is noted as well, for those exploring by boat. The map base includes contour lines and elevations for summits. Helpful information about backcountry use, regulations, wildlife, and safety tips combined with a chart showing the location of designated backcountry campsites will prove invaluable in your exploration of the park. Other recreation features noted are campgrounds, picnic areas, points of interest, scenic viewpoints, interpretive trails, and lodging. Every Trails Illustrated map is printed on "Backcountry Tough" waterproof, tear-resistant paper. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation.All proceeds from the purchase of a National Geographic map help support the Society's vital exploration, conservation, scientific research, and education programs.Other features found on this map include: Big Bend, Boquillas Canyon, Chalk Mountains, Chilicotal Mountain, Chisos Mountains, Christmas Mountains, Dagger Mountain, Emory Peak, Ernst Valley, Mesa de Anguila, Rosillos Mountains, Sierra del Carmen, Stairway Mountain, Sue Peaks, Terlingua Creek.Map Scale = 1:133,333 & 1:27,500Sheet Size = 37.75" x 25.5"Folded Size = 4.25" x 9.25"
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Clearly marked trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, and more
- Detailed topography and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries of state parks, national recreation areas, wilderness areas, marine sanctuaries and wildlife refuges - Hundreds of points-of-interest, including scenic viewpoints, campgrounds, boat launches and canoe carry downs, swimming areas, fishing access points, and more
- UTM and Latitude/Longitude grid, as well as selected waypoints and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation
- Detailed road network