as of 04/18/2021 (Details)
Krytox GPL205 Grease features an effective temperature range of -36C thru 204C. Base oil viscosity, 18cSt @ 100 C / 160cSt @ 40 C. Oil separation from grease, wt loss, % per 30hr @ 99C = 4. NLG1 Grade 2. Krytox GPL205 contains no additives and can be used on components that may come in contact with all chemicals including acids, bases, solvents and other reactive chemicals. Typical applications include valves, bearings, seal barrier fluids, instruments and oxygen systems. Additionally, Krytox Grease is compatible with all elastomeric seal materials and engineering plastics. See Krytox Greases GPL202 through GPL207 for applications that require higher temperature ranges and high viscosity needs. See Krytox Greases GPL215 and GPL217 for slow speeds or extreme pressure applications that require molybdenum disulfide additives. See Krytox Greases GPL224 through GPL227 for high pressure, highly corrosive environments such as automotive bearings, sealed pump bearings, and electric motors bearings that require anti- corrosion/anti-wear inhibitor additives. Krytox Grease provides exceptional performance, stability, and reliability in the toughest conditions – to maximize productivity and equipment life. Krytox Grease is undamaged by, and non-reactive with, acidic or caustic cleaners and disinfectants, steam, moisture or high temps. Krytox Grease is non-toxic, has no chlorine content or hazardous VOC materials, is odorless and silicone-free in formulation.
- Temp Range: -36C thru 204C: Viscosity 18cSt/100C, 160cSt/40C; Stable in a wide variety of operating conditions/environments
- Nonflammable: Krytox Grease contains only carbon, oxygen & fluorine, (no hydrogen or silicone); Will not burn or support combustion; Passes impact standards with LOX, Nitrogen Tetroxide, Nitric Acid
- Chemically Inert: Resistant to oxygen and inert to most all chemicals; Inert nature allows Krytox Grease to outlast/outperform hydrocarbon products; Chemically insoluble in nearly all solvents
- At operating temps and pressures Krytox Grease is highly resistant to attack by gaseous and liquid oxygen; The preferred choice in oxygen; use and manufacturing industry
- Exposure to significant radiation causes only minor DE polymerization (8% decrease of viscosity) and no formation of solids or sludge or change in appearance