as of 05/15/2021 (Details)
E3 has taken the best features from traditional spark plugs, such as cut-back ground electrodes and surface gaps, and combined them to create a new ground electrode design. Surface gap plugs present the flame kernel to the piston (or rotor) more directly, reducing the travel time from the spark to the combustion gases (although this difference is only measurable in hundred-thousands of a second, at 5000 RPM, they can add up). This avoids the "doughnut" shaped flame front created by standard spark plug electrodes. This is achieved in the E3 design through the open section at the top of the ground electrode. E3 spark plugs combine the benefits of additional sharp electrode edges with a cut-back electrode design used on some racing spark plugs. The increase of available edge-to-edge surface area encourages a more rapid spark discharge while also reducing quenching and shadowing. The two legs that support the special geometryof E3's powersports plug ground electrode aid in heat dissipation for longer electrode life. The center electrode on E3 spark plugs is created from nickel alloy with a copper center core for both improved conductivity as well as heat dissipation.
- Near elimination of performance inhibiting carbon deposits, dramatically longer plug life and limited warranty
- DiamondFire electrode technology that creates a superior spark and resulting flame front extending further into the cylinder, producing more localized pressure
- Significant potential power increase: > 6% to 12% (depending on engine class)
- Significant potential fuel efficiency improvement: > 4% to 13% (depending on engine class)
- Drastic potential emissions reduction when used in 2 and 4-stroke engines (after 50 hours): 58% CO emissions reduction, 42% hydrocarbon reduction