as of 04/11/2021 (Details)
Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube LS 75W-90 Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube LS 75W-90 is a supreme performance, synthetic, multi-purpose, SAE 75W-90 automotive gear lubricant designed to meet the highest level of performance requirements of modern passenger vehicles in all types of operating conditions, including limited slip applications, as well as delivering outstanding power transfer performance. Compared to conventional hypoid gear lubricants, Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube LS 75W-90 performs exceptionally well over a wide range of temperatures. It achieves this through a unique proprietary formulation that delivers optimized viscosity as a function of temperature properties together with the highest level of inherent formulation stability and protects against thermal and oxidative degradation, wear and corrosion, and viscosity loss associated with premature shearing. It also can be used in extended service and for aiding in fuel economy performance. It contains special friction modifiers designed for limited slip-type differentials. In most applications, the addition of special LS (limited slip) additives is not required. For axles requiring the highest level of limited-slip performance, OEM specific LS additives can be added to this fluid. It combines wax-free synthesized hydrocarbon base oils and a specially designed extreme-pressure, limited-slip, sulfur-phosphorous additive system to provide a significantly higher level of performance in rear axles and differentials versus conventional fluids. Greater film strength at higher operating temperatures, reduced fluid friction and low-temperature application down to -50 degree celsius provides significant advantages versus conventional mineral oil formulations. It reduces wear and spalling under the high speed, high torque and high horsepower conditions in competitive racing and high performance automobiles.
- Exceptional thermal stability and resistance to high temperature oxidation Extended gear and bearing life due to minimal deposits. Promotes Longer seal life and Potentially extended oil drain or service intervals
- Outstanding protection against low speed or high torque wear and against high speed scoring with capability to handle the severest driving conditions while delivering smooth efficient and reliable performance
- Exceptional shear stability. Retains viscosity and film strength under severe operating conditions to prevent wear
- Excellent rust, staining and corrosion protection of copper and its alloys. Reduced wear with Longer component life
- Excellent limited-slip performance. Reduced chatter and improved traction