as of 12/02/2023 (Details)
MB8600 is a DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem certified by Comcast XFINITY, Comcast Business, Cox Communications, Spectrum and more. Owning your own modem often saves $156 per year in cable modem rental charges. MB8600 supports ultrafast DOCSIS 3.1, the only cable modem standard that can deliver Internet speeds of 1Gbps or higher. Actual speeds depend on your cable modem service and the speed of your Ethernet LAN ports. MB8600 also has 32x8 support for the fastest possible speeds using the DOCSIS 3.0 standard. Even if you don't have DOCSIS 3.1 service now, you can benefit from the fastest available DOCSIS 3.0 capability that's also built into this cable modem. For simultaneous Internet access to many devices, plug in any router you like. The MB8600 provides high-speed Internet for a computer, router, HDTV, game station, or streaming media device. This product has 1 open Ethernet GigE LAN port. There are 3 additional Ethernet GigE LAN ports masked behind a label. Current firmware supports bonding on 2 Ethernet ports, which is essential for delivering speeds over 1Gbps. Top actual speed is just under 1Gbps without bonding, and just under 2Gbps with 2 bonded ports. In order to have port bonding increase your modem's speed to over 1Gbps, your router needs to support port bonding. MB8600 features low latency, for the fast response needed for many interactive games. It includes It includes DOCSIS 3.1 Active Queue Management (AQM) which speeds page loads, gaming, and video conferencing. Setup is fast and easy with our Quick Start guide. Our experienced USA-based support specialists are ready to help. With Motorola extras including advanced surge and lightning protection, and a 2-year warranty, MB8600 is a superb choice for customers who want the ultimate in cable modem performance. MB8600 does NOT include a WiFi Router or VoIP telephone adapter.
- TOP INTERNET SPEEDS FOR ALL CABLE INTERNET SERVICES - Wirecutter recommends this as the best cable modem for people using Gigabit Internet plans. Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 32x8 capabilities give top Internet speeds for all cable Internet services, from the slowest to the fastest.
- ELIMINATE UP TO 156 DOLLARS PER YEAR IN CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, and CableOne for all speeds including Comcast Gigabit services and Cox Gigablast. Not compatible with RCN. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- WORKS WITH ANY WiFi ROUTER YOU LIKE - including Whole Home WiFi or Mesh routers like eero, Google WiFi, and Orbi. This cable modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability.
- A BROADCOM CHIPSET PROVIDES SECURITY FROM DENIAL OF SERVICE ATTACKS - a 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port allows connection of any SINGLE device with an Ethernet port including a router, Windows or Mac computer, HDTV, or game station.
- ACTIVE QUEUE MANAGEMENT (AQM) SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCES INTERNET LATENCY - on both DOCSIS 3.1 and 3.0 services. AQM results in faster page loads for all Web traffic and greatly enhances interactive applications like online gaming and video conferencing. The MB8600 also includes a full-band capture digital tuner to enhance speed and save energy.