as of 11/27/2021 (Details)
Mannitol is a low-calorie carbohydrate. It may be a useful alternative sweetener. Mannitol is a sugar alcohol, or called polyol. It is widespread in nature, being present in the fruit, leaves and other parts of various plants. Strawberries, celery, onions, pumpkins and mushrooms are particularly good sources. Mannitol is about a half as sweet as sucrose and has a desirable cooling effect, it is a low digestible carbohydrate, and has 1.6 calories per gram. Mannitol is resistant to metabolism by oral bacteria and does not increase the acidity of the mouth after ingestion, thus benefits tooth health. Mannitol is also widely used in hard and soft candies, flavored jam and jelly spreads, confections, frostings and chewing gum. Generally use amount: < 98.0% - Pressed Mints; < 5.0% - Hard Candy; < 31.0% - Chewing Gum; < 40.0% - Soft Candy; < 8.0% - Frostings; < 15.0% - Jams & Jellies; < 2.5 - all other food. Excess consumption may have laxative effect if daily ingestion < 20 g mannitol in foods.
- Mannitol bulk pure powder.
- NuSci brand. There is not any additive or filler inside.
- White crystalline powder, Sweet taste, Soluble in water; Store in cool and dry place, keep away from strong light and heat.
- Alternative Sweetener. Bulk Ingredient for food additive, formulation, health finish product R&D, or your any other use purpose.
- Fresh, 1 to 1.5 years shelf life available.