as of 01/25/2022 (Details)
The specially enhanced Sony Optiarc 5280S-CB-PLUS drive was developed as an enhanced archival/duplication grade writer drive. The CB series of drives from Sony Optiarc were created to provide improved burning performance and disc content longevity which are critical applications when creating long lasting archival media or burning mass duplication in a simultaneous multi-drive recording environment. With features like Secure Media Speed Stability, Enhanced Recording Stabilization Control, Enhanced CD-R duplication, Archival media compatibility, DVD+R DL overburn, and many other enhanced features makes the CB series the preferred writer drive of the archival and duplication industry. Even with all of these advantages, the CB series of Sony Optiarc drives remain competitively priced with similar ODD writer drives.
- Secure Media Speed Stability - Ensures that media duplication speed does not exceed encoded maximum rates to provide better burning control and virtually eliminates bad burns.
- Enhanced Recording Stabilization Control - Ensures all drives in a single duplication environment burn uniformly to avoid disproportionate speed fluctuations, which lead either to failed discs or less compatible completed discs.
- DVD+R DL Overburn - Can extend the listed capacity from 8.5 GB up to 8.7 GB* to allow the user to capture more content on a single DVD+R DL disc.
- Stable Recording Control - The drives have an extensive database of media specs and are better able to communicate and convey these details while burning the disc(s) at ultimate speed.
- Stable burning throughout - Provides consistent and reliable burning of any file type for the duration of the duplication progress to ensure the recorded media has far greater reliability of playback or that the discs will successfully copy to begin with.
- Supports 99 minute CD-R - Allows CD-R media to be over-burned effectively to 99 minutes
- Enhanced Compatibility for DVD+R media-Ensuring greater compatibility with DVD Players
- Enhanced Compatibility for CD+G media - Ensuring greater compatibility with Karaoke players