as of 09/27/2021 (Details)
The Pelican Air is 28% lighter than its equivalent, and up to 40% lighter than other polymer cases. Pelican Air cases will lighten the loads of the dedicated professionals and adventurers across the world who have set out to change the game. Pelican Air cases are the first in a series of remarkable innovations engineered by Pelican, the pioneers of protective cases. For over 40 years Pelican has designed and crafted the most influential protective cases in the world, and we’re just getting started. With the launch of the Pelican Air line of cases, we’re redefining the future of protection with a remarkable union of light and tough. The Pelican Air case has been designed to cut weight without compromising durability. Our engineers have revolutionized the protector case by reducing structural waste while preserving Pelican's legendary standards of strength. In development for years, the design team challenged the status quo to "add lightness" in every detail. Here are some important reasons why Pelican Air cases are both strong and light: Molded from the next generation of Pelican's lightweight HPX resin, a proprietary formula that rebounds without breaking Honeycomb structural elements that are actually stronger than solid polymer material Super-stiff "full box" sections engineered to create hollow parts
- Exterior Dimension (LWD Inches): 32.58 x 18.4 x 11.02
- Exterior dimension is designed to maximum allowable airline check-in size. Includes Pelican Pick N Pluck shock absorbent foam
- Based on the popular Pelican 1670 Case and now 40% lighter than other polymer cases using Pelican's lightweight HPX resin. Includes Pelican's Lifetime Guarantee.
- Crushproof, dustproof, with a watertight o-ring gasket and an automatic purge valve that balances air pressure inside the case
- Features rolling stainless-steel bearing wheels, extending trollery handle, double-throw latches, stainless steel hasp protectors, rubber overmolded handles, and a card holder for front or side placement.