as of 01/22/2022 (Details)
The Plugable USB3-HUB3ME is an easy way to gain wired gigabit Ethernet network speeds for faster HD video streaming, gaming, web browsing, network storage and more. In addition provides the ability to connect up to three USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to a single port on any capable computer. Attractive piano black, solid feeling, compact design with one blue LED for diagnosing USB connectivity. Common uses include adding wired gigabit Ethernet network support to Macbooks, UltraBooks, or notebooks with no Ethernet connection, or replacing or upgrading network adapters in desktop PCs. Compatibility Uses the ASIX AX88179 and VIA VL812 chipsets for fast network speeds and maximum compatibility with almost all USB 3.0 hosts. Supports Microsoft Windows 10 (RT not supported) through XP, Mac OS X, and Linux kernels 3.9+. Full compatibility with USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 hosts and devices. Not recommended for use with older Texas Instruments, Fresco Logic, Etron, or Wistron USB 3.0 host controllers. Ethernet requires driver installation. Ethernet Driver Microsoft signed 32/64-bit drivers for Windows 8/8.1, 7, Vista, and XP. Mac OS X 10.6-10.9. Linux kernels 3.9 and later includes driver. Not compatible with Android, Tivo Series 2, Wii or other non-PC/Mac platforms. In The Box Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (female RJ45 jack) with 3 Port USB 3.0 Bus powered Hub (12 inch USB cord), Quick Install Guide, & Driver Disk for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Upgrade your tablet, laptop or PC to gigabit wired Ethernet speeds via USB. At the same time expand USB connectivity by connecting up to 3 USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to any USB 2.0 or 3.0 capable computer. Fully plug and play, devices can be hot-plugged, supports USB over-current protection.
- Compatible with most Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS X, and Linux / Unix systems. Microsoft Windows systems should install latest manufacturer USB 3.0 host controller drivers and Windows Updates. Apple Mac OS X and Linux / Unix systems require latest operating system updates for best compatibility.
- Hub is not a standalone charger and will not charge phones or tablets. Apple notes: Some devices such as the Apple SuperDrive look for Apple-specific signaling and will not work when connected through any USB hub. Not recommended for use with USB 3.0 PCI-e add-on cards for older Mac Pro systems because of limitations in their software support for USB 3.0 hubs. Not recommende for use with Lenovo Yoga 2 or 3 due to issues with ther USB 3.0 controllers.
- USB bus powered operation, no power supply / AC adapter required. Sleek piano black glossy finish. All 3 USB ports on one side to minimize cable clutter and maximize accessibility.
- Master blue power LED. Sleek piano black glossy finish in a compact portable form factor. All 3 USB ports on one side to minimize cable clutter and maximize accessibility.