Regular Price: $99.99
Deal: $79.00 (SAVE Now!)
as of 01/28/2021 (Details)
PerformanceFeaturing the highest-performance DisplayLink DL-5500 chipset, the Plugable UGA-4KDP graphics adapter lets you connect an additional DisplayPort display up to 3840x2160@30Hz (4K/UHD/2160p) to your Windows-based laptop, desktop, or tablet via USB 3.0. With four times the pixels of 1080P, 4K displays provide vastly more area to multitask.CompatibilityDrivers available for Windows 10/8.1/7.Intel i5 or AMD A8 2GHz or better CPU recommended for productivity/web software at 4K. Single Intel HD 4000, AMD HD 7xxx, NVIDIA 5xxM or better recommended for productivity/web software. Intel i7 2+GHz and HD 4000/AMD 8650/Nvidia 7xxM for full-screen video playback.Current GPU and USB 3.0 host controller drivers recommended for best performance and compatibility.Non-Compatible Systems Cannot be mixed with non-DisplayLink USB graphics adapters and drivers (e.g. MCT, j5, or SMSC).Surface RT, Mac OS X, and Linux/Unix not supported.MST hubs and dual-link DVI conversion not supported.Monitor CompatibilitySupports DisplayPort displays up to 3840x2160/4K. 3840x2160 mode has a refresh rate of 30Hz, while 3440x1440 supports 50Hz. 2560x1600, 2560x1440, 2560x1080, 1920x1080 (1080P) and lower modes refresh at 60Hz. 4K/UHD output requires compatible 4K/UHD display.Audio outputs in stereo format; 5.1 output not supported.If connecting a 4K HDMI display, an HDMI 1.4 "active" adapter such as the "Plugable DP-HDMI" must be used. Passive adapters and all DVI adapters will limit output to 2048x1152.Dual-link DVI monitors (Qnix, Yamakasi) not supported.Application CompatibilityDoes not support HDCP, and will not allow for playback of encrypted Bluray disks or copy-protected content.Video playback at 1080P and above requires playback software that supports GPU acceleration.Not recommended for gaming.
- Connect multiple monitors with resolutions as high as 3840x2160 (4K) to Windows-based laptops or desktops (one adapter required per monitor). Highest performance USB graphics solution available. Combines both video and stereo audio over a single USB cable and DisplayPort (DP) cable
- Connects to Windows PCs via USB 3.0 (5Gbps). USB bus powered (no power adapter required). Adapter is backwards compatible with USB 2.0, but performance via USB 2.0 will likely be unsatisfactory
- Supports DisplayPort displays up to 3840x2160@30Hz and 3440x1440@50Hz. 2560x1600, 2560x1440, 1080P and lower refresh at 60Hz. Note: if using this with a 4K HDMI display, an HDMI 1.4-compliant "active" adapter such as the "Plugable DP-HDMI" must be used. Active adapters that only support HDMI 1.3, and all passive adapters will limit output to 2048x1152.
- Supports Windows 10/8.1/7. Surface RT, Mac OS X, and Linux/Unix are not supported. Does not support DisplayPort MST nor conversion to Dual-Link DVI. Not recommended for 3D gaming
- We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.