as of 09/29/2023 (Details)
This Pro-tek SWING ARM BUDDY single repair kit (Pro-tek Part No. SAB-10) replaces a chain adjuster bolt after it seizes and breaks off in the swing arm of most off road motorcycles. During normal cleaning and/or operating in moist environments, water enters and migrates to the rear of the swing arm causing the bolt to rust and seize. Consequently, at the next chain adjustment interval, the bolt can break off in the swing arm. This is becoming an increasingly common problem with today's motocross, street and enduro bikes. Rather than removing the swing arm from the bike, the SWING ARM BUDDY will allow the average rider to fix the broken stud in approximately 10 minutes without the expense of a machine shop, normally required for this repair. It comes in two distinct kits. A SAB-10 single kit includes one 3/8" extractor drill bit and one special thread fitting. A SAB-20 double kit includes one 3/8" extractor drill bit and two special thread fittings. Offroad Applications 2004-2015 CRF50F 70F 80F 1985-2008 CR80R 85R/RB 2003-2015 CRF100F 150F 150R/RB 230F 1985-2008 CR125R 250R 500R 2004-2015 CRF250R/X 2002-2015 CRF450 450X 2000-2008 XR650R 1988-2015 KX65 80 85 100 1988-2005 KX125 500 2008-2015 KLX140/L 1988-2013 KX250 1988-2015 KX250F 450F 2003-2005 RM65 100 1986-2001 RM80 2002-2012 RM85/L 1989-2008 RM125 250 2004-2015 RMZ250 RMZ450 1987-2015 YZ80 85 1984-2015 YZ125/N 1985-2015 YZ250 250F 1998-1999 YZ400F 2000-2002 YZ426F 2003-2015 YZ450F This kit also works on many Street Applications. See manufacturer listing for your bike.
- Replaces seized and/or broken chain adjuster bolts
- Kit allows you to replace broken bolts in approximately 10 minutes without having to remove the swingarm from the bike
- Comes with a high-speed hardened drill bit that is used to drill out broken bolt, then a stainless steel threaded insert block can be easily and permanently inserted
- With threads replaced a new adjustment bolt and lock can be used
- Kits available for one or two bolts