Deal: $8.96 (SAVE Now!)
as of 11/29/2020 (Details)
In Swim Speed Secrets, 4-time Olympian, gold medalist, and triathlon world champion Sheila Taormina reveals the swim technique used by the world's fastest swimmers.Over the course of 4 Olympic Games and throughout her career as a world champion triathlete, Taormina refined her exceptional technique as a student of the sport, studying the world's best swimmers using underwater photographs and video analysis. From Johnny Weissmuller to Michael Phelps, the world's fastest swimmers share two common elements: high stroke rate and a high-elbow underwater pull. Many swimmers and triathletes neglect the pull, distracted by stroke count or perfecting less critical details like body position, streamlining, and roll. Swim Speed Secrets focuses on producing power--the most crucial element of swimming--to help triathletes and swimmers overhaul their swim stroke and find the speed that's been eluding them. With a commonsense approach that comes from decades of practice and years of hands-on coaching experience, Taormina shows swimmers how to transition to faster swimming. Swim Speed Secretsincludes: The best drills to cultivate a more sensitive feel for the waterDryland and strength building exercises to develop arm position and upper body musculatureCrisp photos of Olympic swimmers and variations in their high-elbow underwater pullClear descriptions of the key moments of the underwater pullTips that helped her perform at a world-class level for two decadesSheila Taormina's Swim Speed Secrets, brings the focus back where it belong--to a powerful underwater stroke. With this approach, triathletes and swimmers can stop swimming for survival and break through to new levels of speed and confidence in the water.
- Sheila Taormina's Swim Speed Secrets brings the focus back where it belongs-to a powerful underwater stroke. With this book, triathletes and swimmers can stop swimming for survival and break through to new levels of speed and confidence in the water.
- Taormina's new companion book Swim Speed Workouts offers the essential workouts, drills, drylands, and training plan to develop the world's fastest swimming technique.
- Paperback. Full-color photographs throughout. 7 in. x 9 in., 212 pages.
- With a commonsense approach that comes from decades of practice and 15 years of hands-on coaching experience, Taormina explains why the high-elbow underwater pull is the most important part of swimming and how swimmers can transition to this vital technique. She offers the best drills to cultivate a sensitive feel for the water. Her dryland and strength building exercises develop the arm positioning and upper body musculature required to swim faster. She describes what it feels like when swimmers have learned the secret and offers tips that helped her perform at a world-class level for two decades.
- Sheila Taormina (Author): Sheila Taormina is one of a handful of athletes who have competed in four Olympic games and the only woman in the world to have competed in three distinctly different sports-swimming, triathlon, and modern pentathlon. At the unswimmerlike height of just 5′ 2″, Taormina refined her exceptional freestyle swim technique to win a gold medal in the 1996 Olympics and the 2004 ITU triathlon world championship. For 15 years, Taormina has coached elite and age-group swimmers and triathletes to develop the strong underwater pull that propelled her to such athletic success in her racing career. Taormina conducts dozens of swim clinics around the world each year. For more information, please visit sheilat.com.
Do you want ot get the Swim Speed Secrets for Swimmers and Triathletes: Master the Freestyle Technique Used by the World’s Fastest Swimmers (Swim Speed Series)?