as of 06/19/2021 (Details)
Taking place on the same continent as the fan favorite Trails in the Sky offshoot of Nihon Falcom's storied The Legend of Heroes franchise, Trails of Cold Steel (Sen no Kiseki in Japanese) is the first in the series to tread Erebonian soil and explore the inner political conflicts of this oft-mentioned powerhouse nation in detail. With a standalone story that also delves into the expansive lore that has become synonymous with the series, players can enjoy school life and bond with fellow students to earn new abilities in battle, take advantage of speedy, tactical turn-based combat with the newly-developed "ARCUS" system, and uncover dramatic events that stand to change everything these two opposing social classes stand for. The “Lionheart Edition” contains an art book featuring over 100 pages of art from the game as well as its sequel, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II, and a 1.5” pin displaying the emblem of the country of Erebonia, packaged with the game in a custom collectible clamshell-type box that will also be able to house the sequel when it releases in 2016 so that collectors can store the initial Cold Steel duology in a single package.
- See description below for Lionheart Edition contents
- A World Rich in Depth - The events of Trails of Cold Steel are expertly told so that longtime Trails veterans and newcomers to the series alike can equally enjoy its detailed, highly nuanced storyline
- New Link System - Take advantage of the Combat Link System by bonding with allies throughout the school year, netting a variety of combat benefits including healing, guarding and more
- Sleek Update to Classic Growth Mechanic - Trails of Cold Steel streamlines the classic Orbment magic system with new ARCUS units, allowing for more ready access to abilities and quicker customization
- Cross-Save Makes Playing Anywhere Possible - Trails of Cold Steel was developed with Cross-Save for the PS3 and PSV systems, allowing players to unravel events within the game from home or on the go