as of 05/18/2021 (Details)
LUBEGARD HIGHLY FRICTION MODIFIED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID (HFM-ATF) SUPPLEMENT enhances DEXRON II, III / MERCON ATF with additional friction modifiers. The enhanced DEXRON II, III / MERCON ATF is a replacement for Original Equipment Manufacturers fluids such as; Honda Genuine, Toyota Type T, T II, T IV, Mopar ATF +3 (7176), ATF +4 (9602) and all other highly friction modified ATF’s. The LUBEGARD HFM-ATF formulation is based on the same patented technology found in LUBEGARD ATF Protectant which has gained worldwide acceptance in the professional aftermarket transmission repair industry and is also used, endorsed, designated and recommended by multiple Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM)’s. Note: Use LUBEGARD HFM-ATF Supplement (Black Box) ONLY for applications that require highly friction modified fluids. Also do not use in CVT applications. Use in transmissions that do not have this requirement may cause excess wear and clutch slippage. Use LUBEGARD Automatic Transmission Fluid Protectant (Red Box - 60902) in all other ATF applications. DIRECTIONS FOR USE: For normal applications, add 1 oz. (29.6 mL) per quart (Liter) of DEXRON III, VI/ MERCON, V ATF to the total transmission capacity (including torque converter) with motor idling in park. Do not overfill. Do no use with Ford Type F ATF or in CVT’s.
- Converts DEXRON II, III / MERCON ATF into a Highly Friction Modified ATF - Transmissions perform more efficiently at lower operating temperatures
- Anti-chatter in clutch packs (allow penetration overnight for maximum benefit), Anti-shudder with converter clutches (allow penetration overnight for maximum benefit)
- Prevents overheating, Assists in freeing hung-up governors, Keeps valves free
- Provides for smoother shifting and reduces drive train power losses, Helps modify harsh shifts and makes them quicker in duration
- Maintains proper ATF viscosity in torque converters, Inhibits transmission fluid foaming and oxidation, thereby extending fluid life and Reduces transmission wear