as of 01/19/2022 (Details)
Features a Prolific PL-2303HX Rev D chipset for the best combination of performance and wide driver support. Drivers available for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, and Microsoft signed drivers for 32/64-bit Windows10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Vista; Mac OS X 10.6 and later; open source drivers included in Linux kernel 2.4.31 and later. Windows 7 - 10 automatically detects and guides driver install without disk. Not compatible with ARM-based Windows (MS Surface).CompatibilityWorks with devices with RS-232 serial ports like: other PCs with RS-232 ports, Bluetooth serial adapters, PDAs, GPS receivers, routers, firewalls, modems, printers, embedded character displays, scan tools, sonar units, embedded boards, etc. Specific devices include: Garmin eTrex GPS, Seiko Label Printer, iRobot Create, Cisco products with serial consoles, US Robotics Modems, NexStar telescopes, Equus Scan Tools, Uniden Hand Held Scanners, etc. Works with software like: HyperTerminal, TeraTerm, WinDBG, all open source serial software on Linux, etc.Connector compatibility noteThe DB9 connector has fixed female side screw in connections. For connecting to a device that also has fixed female side connectors an inexpensive DB9 Female/Female Mini Gender Changer (Coupler) will be needed.GenuineWe use only genuine Prolific chips. There has been a problem with some USB serial adapters using clone chips not actually from Prolific. These adapters will not work with Prolific's latest drivers, thus won't have support on recent operating systems like Windows 7 - 10. Because we only use genuine Prolific chips, our adapter is always compatible with the latest drivers from Prolific.
- Allows any PC to connect serial devices and programs that communicate through COM ports
- 24-inch cable with standard USB Type A Male to standard 9-pin DB9 RS-232 serial connector
- PL-2303 Chipset for widest possible compatibility with Windows (10/8.1/8/7XP), Mac, Linux, and other platforms
- Programmable baud rate from 75 bits per second to 128000 bits per second. Plug and play creation of a COM port. Powered by USB - no external power needed
- We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.