as of 06/07/2023 (Details)
Red Shift® Dual Piston Tensioners feature design and manufacturing improvements for superior performance over the stock tensioners. When the Twin Cam® engine is running, the power pulses rock the factory single-piston tensioner shoe. The stock shoe movement causes the tensioner piston to unseat at the base, interrupting the pressurized oil system and introducing air into the tensioner. This introduction of air diminishes the pressure that the tensioner shoe places on the cam drive chains, resulting in poor valve train control. This loss of control contributes to engine noise and "bounced" components including valves, spring collars, rocker arms, pushrods, lifters and camshafts. Red Shift® Tensioners' dual-piston design reinforces shoe and hydraulic stability, eliminating harmful air leaks in the tensioner system. By creating reliable overall valve train control and durability, Red Shift Tensioners will reduce engine noise and wear on valve train parts. Red Shift® Dual Piston Cam Chain Tensioners are the finest tensioners on the market, engineered with superior manufacturing and design. Red Shift® Dual Piston Cam Chain Tensioners are manufactured in the U.S.A., from high-quality aluminum, premium wear-resistant plastic and automotive grade hydraulic tensioning bodies. These tensioners are manufactured to extremely close tolerances to ensure maximum valve train control and engine performance. Patent # 8,535,187 With the added Axtell Bypass Valve you can expect higher, more stable oil pressure at all engine rpms, longer oil life due to reduced oil shear, lower oil and engine temperature, improved valve train control and reduced noise. This product is not for sale or use on pollution controlled vehicles.
- Fits 2007-Up Big Twin engines, 2006 FXD engines, and all 1999-2006 Twin Cam® engines converted to hydraulic tensioner systems.
- Dual Piston Design Eliminates Chain Instability & Tensioner Shoe "Rocking"
- Facilitates Accurate Cam Timing Events for Both Cylinders & Tolerates Common Crankshaft Run-Out (Unlike Gear-Drive Cams)
- Improves Throttle Response, Acceleration and Across-The-Board Power
- With the added Axtell Bypass Valve you can expect higher, more stable oil pressure at all engine rpms, longer oil life due to reduced oil shear, lower oil and engine temperature, improved valve train control and reduced noise.